On this page you can find some of the tools and programs I find useful in my work.
- kountry– a useful tool to merge on a wide variety of different conventions for country names and country (ISO) codes
- ivreg2 – an extension of instrumental variable commands
Stata and LaTeX
- listtex – a useful command for creating summary statistics tables from STATA .dta files and writing them to .tex files.
- estout – great suite of commands for creating tables of estimation results in STATA and exporting them to .tex files.
Stata and GIS
- nearstat – for straight-line distance calculations between two points.
- spmap – very handy for producing maps of data from spatial datasets.
- shp2dta – for converting Arc shapefiles to Stata formats.
Python and ArcView
- dbf_to_csv.py – a script for converting DBF files into CSV files.
- zonalStats.py – a script for looping across multiple raster files, creating zonal statistics for each of them.