My research examines the relationship between governance, natural resources and economic development.
Governance and natural resources
2. Unburnable wealth of nations. Finance and Development, March 2017, IMF. (with David Manley and Giorgia Cecchinato).
3. Stranded nations? Climate policy implications for fossil-fuel rich developing countries. OxCarre Policy Paper 34 (with David Manley and Giorgia Cecchinato).
4. Forest loss and oil drilling: a matter of governance? (abstract) (under review) (with Hanna Krings and Torfinn Harding).
The economic effects of natural resource extraction
1. The local effects of resource extraction (work in progress).
2. Disentangling the effects of resource extraction: local government and investment multipliers (work in progress) (with Ridwan Rusli).
3. The local economic impacts of natural resource extraction (published in the Annual Review of Resource Economics, 7, 2015) (with Steven Poelhekke)
Infrastructure and economic development
1. Investing in Africa’s infrastructure: financing and policy options (published in the Annual Review of Resource Economics, 7, 2015) (with Paul Collier)
2. Growth, Nighttime Lights and Power Infrastructure Investment: Evidence from Angola (2016) (OxCarre Research Paper 185) (with Qi Zhang)